2008 Committee on Ancient History Panel
Graduate Training for the Ancient Historian: Or how best to study ancient history in the 21st century?
- Introduction and Panel Organizer: Michele Renee Salzman. University of California, Riverside
- Charles Hedrick, University of California at Santa Cruz (paper not available).
- Richard Talbert, University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill: Noble Dreams: Historia Vincit Omnia?
- Elizabeth Pollard, California State University, San Diego: Learning to Walk (and Talk) the "Silk Roads": World Historical Training for Graduate Students in Ancient Mediterranean History
- David Potter, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor: The role of the text in training ancient historians
- Jonathan Edmondson, York University: Collaborating between Classics and History in Teaching Ancient History at the Ph.D. level: The University of Toronto-York University Collaborative Programme in Ancient History (COLPAH)
- Walter Scheidel, Stanford University: How to make Ancient History programs less ancient
- Commentator, Kurt Raaflub, Brown University: Comments: Four Possible Solutions