Open to those preparing for Latin teacher certification. APA membership is not required.
Funding available: Up to $1500
Deadline: March 3, 2014
- One-page single-spaced typed narrative description of the coursework to be taken, the relevance of this coursework to obtaining certification, and the funding amount requested.
- Current resume/curriculum vitae.
- Copy (scanned) of transcript from institution currently attending or last attended (unofficial is acceptable).
- One letter of recommendation from a professor you have had, or a professional colleague or administrator, if you are teaching, who can address your potential for or current ability at Latin teaching. The letter should be sent directly by the recommender to Adam Blistein via email.
- A list of any other sources of funding applied for with amounts requested.
(The award payment will be made after submission of receipt for course work leading to certification.)
Applications must be submitted as e-mail attachments to Adam Blistein, Executive Director of APA, Adam Blistein (firstname.lastname@example.org). The Subject line of the e-mail should read as follows: “Application for 2014 Stewart Award”.
To fund this program the Association uses income derived from contributions from the Friends of Zeph Stewart and matching gifts from the National Endowment for the Humanities to the Research and Teaching Endowment established by its Gateway Campaign for Classics in the 21st Century. Winners will be selected by a subcommittee of the Joint Committee on the Classics in American Education, whose membership is selected from both the APA and the American Classical League.
Last modified on April 24, 2014